The Huffington Post has an article called 100 Fascinating Social Media Statistics and Figures from 2012. These 100 statistics and figures are broken down in 5 categories, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google Plus. I went through the 100 statistics and figures to pick out some of them that stood out to me. The facts start off with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and then Google plus. I find it so interesting to see these facts on how we (social media users) use our social media sites every day and how often we use them. My favorite social media site is Instagram, so those were probably my favorite facts to read about. I found the google+ facts were the most surprising to me. Here are some of facts that stood out the most to me.
6. 488 million users regularly use Facebook mobile. (source: All Facebook)
21. There are 175 million tweets sent from Twitter every day in 2012. (source: Infographics Labs)
51. This year alone, Instagram users liked 78 million photos. (source: Digital Buzz Blog)
50. In a six-month span, Instagram’s average daily mobile visitors jumped from 886,000 to 7.3 million, which is a 724 percent leap.
62. Over 80 percent of pins are repins. (source: AllTwitter)
68. Users spend an average of 16 minutes on Pinterest a visit. (source: AllTwitter)
80. 57 percent of Pinterest users interact with food-related content, the #1 category of content. (source: Compete)
99. 30 percent of users who make a public post never make a second one. (source: Jeff Bullas)